Our load banks are an essential tool in maintaining your generator health and ensuring your back up power works when you need it
Our dedicated team of experts have extensive experience delivering load testing across all industry sectors.
- Variable load simulation stepped between 1% and 100%
- Robust and secure canopy with lockable doors providing additional security in vulnerable areas
- Resistive single and three phase options
- Road towable options providing flexibility
- Easy to install with plug and play cabling options
- Simple to use control system
- Calibrated regularly ensuring accurate test results
- Available with an expert user or as a standalone hire package
Our rental specification load bank range is available in various sizes from 50kW to multi-megawatt packages.
Load Bank Testing
Regular load bank testing of generators provides an essential health check service to prevent diesel engine failure due to wet stacking. Wet stacking occurs due to under loading of the generator which results in wet un-burned fuel building up in the engine. This fuel build up will over time line the combustion chamber cylinders and cause a reduction of the engines rating and efficiency which will ultimately cause premature failure of the generator. Running the generator on load of 50% – 100% of the generators rating will allow the engine to reach the recommend operating temperature, which will burn off the choke deposits.
Our testing offers a complete nation-wide service of load bank delivery, installation and operation by trained engineers, who have the technology to simulate any sequence of demand cycles. We have a wide range of mobile resistive load bank units, connectable to match any power output and voltage range. Tests can be pre-programmed into computer controlled load banks that record all load acceptance and rejection transients.
All of our Load Banks can be transported by trailer making them accessible to most confined spaces, these are available up to 1MW per trailer and includes 25m of suitably rated cable.