The UK’s oldest independent hirer and manufacturer of modular and portable buildings is looking for a Yard Operative to join our growing team.
You’ll be joining a family owned business that has more than doubled in size in the last five years, as well as recently posting record profits. We are looking for new talent to help achieve our aim of being number one in our sector.
Who we are looking for
The Yard Operative is responsible for processing instructions received from the Yard Foreman as requested, ensuring quality, safety, security, and minimising wastage.
You will have excellent time management skills, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and remain calm under pressure. Being an enthusiastic team player with a commitment to offering first class customer service is essential.
- Cleaning, painting and general maintenance to cabins / buildings as instructed
- Site visits to carry out repairs as required
- Ensure all furniture is checked on return to the yard, removed from cabins and put back into storage
- Keep the forklift truck in good and serviceable condition
- Minimise material wastage
- Assist in the safe loading and unloading of cabins / buildings and materials
- Maintain good housekeeping in the yard and workshop at all times
- Adhere to current health and safety legislation
Skills and Experience
- Experience of plumbing, joinery or electrical (would suit a handyperson)
- Able to multi task and prioritise busy workload
- Committed to offering first class customer service
- An enthusiastic team player
- Motivated self-starter
- Thorough, methodical approach
- Displays integrity in all interactions
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Expert time manager
- Highly professional, positive attitude
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance (rising with service)
- Option to buy extra holidays
- Group pension
- Life assurance
- Annual Salary review – takes place each January
- Life Insurance 2 x annual salary
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and progression opportunities
- Family run and well established, secure company (trading over 80 years)
- Open door policy
- Employee Referral scheme
- Benefits scheme (discounted retailers scheme)
- Corporate Eyecare Scheme through Specsavers
- Message the MD/CEO / Staff Satisfaction Survey
This is a full time position with an immediate start.
No agencies please.