Our Service Engineers are responsible for maintaining full and safe operational functionality and presentation of the range of Wernick Power Solutions equipment including generators, diesel tanks, distribution, cabling and all their associated ancillaries.
The role, reporting to the Service Manager will be to carry out routine inspections, testing and servicing, attend breakdowns and repairs and installation and commissioning, whilst maintaining our high level of Customer Service, safety and quality.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong interest in mechanical and electrical equipment, have fantastic problem-solving skills and you will be a meticulous and methodical thinker who is able to plan, prioritise and organise workload. You will thrive on learning new skills and love variety and have a flexible outlook to work.
Clean and tidy appearance is essential as you will be meeting our customers as is a full driving license as travel will be an essential part of the job.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Generally, skills and experience in mechanical or electrical disciplines which are relevant to the scope of equipment types involved in the role
- For servicing and maintenance roles, (whether field service or depot based) skills must be adequate to reliably perform or quickly develop reliable performance of competent maintenance routines.
- For repair role skills must be in depth, sufficient for competent fault diagnosis, dismantling, repair and testing of the defined equipment type.
- Hold a C and G, NVQ or other recognised professional or vocational qualifications in the relevant technical discipline.
- Have in-depth experience of multiple technical disciplines, e.g. both mechanical and electrical.
- Hands-on experience of service, maintenance, installation and repair of diesel driven generators.
What you will get in return
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance (rising with service)
- Option to buy extra holidays
- Group pension
- Life assurance
- Annual Salary review – takes place each January
- Life Insurance 2 x annual salary
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and progression opportunities
- Family run and well established, secure company (trading over 80 years)
- Open door policy
- Employee Referral scheme
- Benefits scheme (discounted retailers scheme)
- Corporate Eyecare Scheme through Specsavers
- Message the MD/CEO/Staff Satisfaction Survey
To apply online – Please click here to view our Job Application Portal.
Alternatively send your CV via email >>
No agencies please