Wernick Buildings Shortlisted for Offsite Construction Award
Wernick Buildings are among five UK businesses shortlisted for ‘Best Use of Volumetric Technology’ at this year’s Offsite Awards.
• Volumetric technology was a major factor in delivering quality, factory-controlled, robust and sustainable offsite manufacture.
• Cost-predictability, economy, accuracy, transportability and speed of installation to form complete buildings, and principles of lean manufacture have been achieved.
Judges selected the ‘Active Office’ built at Swansea University in association with Specific. Wernick manufactured the building at its factory in Port Talbot. The building will produce more energy than it uses and has been hailed as the first energy positive office in the UK. Read the full case study here.
The awards organisers commented: “We have been overwhelmed with the amount of submissions received this year, so we were not envious of the judges who had the onerous job of selecting the winners and finalists.”
The winner will be announced at the Offsite Awards ceremony on the 5th March 2019.
About the awards
• The awards are in their 5th year
• Over 1500 delegates attended previous ceremonies
• Over 500 projects were entered into 20 categories
• Approximately 120 companies have taken home a gong so far
The Offsite Construction Awards celebrate the best in precision building design and delivery.
These Awards reward outstanding examples of prefabrication and factory-based methods, products, systems and disciplines that increasingly strive to develop a sustainable, streamlined and cost-effective way to deliver a better built environment.
Offsite manufacture removes much of the construction process from the construction site, leading to far-reaching and vital benefits.
Across key sectors of UK construction, the Awards will showcase innovation, celebrate best practice and recognise overall expertise in offsite construction through landmark projects, influential people and material and manufacturing excellence in this dynamic arena.
Read more about the Active Office building here.