The Wernick Group is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are integral to the Wernick Group’s professional activities and the management of the organisation . We recognise that our business and our employees have an important role to play in reducing negative environmental impacts and tackling climate change.
We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and partners to do the same.
- To comply with, exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulation and codes of practice. To integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions.
- To ensure that our staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing it.
- To minimise the impact on the environment of all site, office and transportation activities.
- To implement realistic and achievable environmental targets, review and report on these targets regularly in order to continually improve our sustainability performance.
Minimising Travel and Carbon Emissions
- The Wernick Group promotes the purchase of lower emission vehicles across the Group.
- Tyre pressures are checked regularly in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure maximum fuel efficiency.
- We efficiently time meetings to avoid multiple trips and use car share when possible to reduce the impact of vehicle journeys.
- We reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements such as conference calls.
Where possible staff use public transport.
- Air travel should be the last resort when all other alternative travel arrangements have been explored.
- Fuel consumption is monitored to ensure we promote an economical style of driving.
Minimise Water Consumption
- The Wernick Group offer customers a Rainwater collection and filtering device, which promotes significant water savings.
- When replacing taps, they will be fitted with non-concussive fittings.
- When replacing toilets, they will be dual flush cistern type.
Minimise Energy Consumption
- All types of heating will be controlled by timers and thermostats and be set at an ambient temperature of 20°C during colder periods. Heating will be avoided during the summer.
- Windows will be double glazed and kept shut in winter months.
- We will make use of PIR lighting in rooms that are used infrequently such as toilets and corridors and cupboards . All lights will be turned off when not in use.
- Electric water heaters will have timers fitted and turned off at weekends.
- All office equipment and computers will be switched off when not in use (do not leave on standby).
- When light tubes and bulbs need replacing, replace with lower energy efficient fittings.
- Work shop doors will be kept closed at all times and heaters used in the correct manner.
- Security lights will operate on PIR sensors and low energy bulbs used.
- Posters are displayed throughout the group to encourage the ‘switch if off’ process.
Minimise the Consumption of Other Resources
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables to actively reduce waste and recycle where possible
All depots recycle waste paper.
- We only use skip companies who have ISO 14001 acc reditation, thus ensuring that all recyclable waste will be segregated.
Purchase energy efficient office equipment and workshop tools.
- Purchase electricity from a supplier committed to renewable energy.
- Purchase of timber and furniture products are from sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council ( FSC} Certified.
All materials taken from cabins will be reused where possible to maximise recycling.
- All electrical equipment and consumables will be sourced through companies who have a Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment policy (WEEE) and will collect waste from our depots.
- All scrap metal is collected and recycled.
- The method of construction used by Wernick Buildings is modern off site construction which gives far greater control of wastage . By designing buildings to suit standard materials sizes we achieve Best Value which improves whole life costings. On our factory floor all waste is segregated and removed for recycling.
- The company is striving to use materials that w ill ensure a sustainable future.
- Modern methods of off-site construction fully support sustainable objectives.
- Our modular units can be removed from site and recycled at the end of their use.
- Our Greenspace ECO range of welfare units have been energy performance asset rated which indicates the energy efficiency of the building fabric, heating, cooling, lighting and ventilation systems, making them exceptionally Eco friendly.