Environmental Policy Statement
This statement applies to all land, premises and activities within the control of the Wernick Group. The Wernick Group has detailed arrangements for implementing this policy which are outlined in a further section of the Policy entitled, Organisation and Arrangements .The Wernick Group is committed to the conservation and improvement of the environment and to minimising the environmental impacts of the risks arising from its activities in line with 1SO 14001:2004.
The Wernick Group will manage its operations in ways that are environmentally sustainable and economically feasible.
In order to achieve this aim The Wernick Group has the following key objectives:
- To promote sound environmental management policies and practices throughout the Group and to comply with the requirements of relevant legislation;
- To make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy and water;
- To promote environmentally responsible procurnment of goods and services;
- To minimise waste production as far as is practicable, to reuse or recycle waste where appropriate and to regulate the treatment and disposal of residual waste;
- To reduce and, where practicable, prevent pollution;
- To minimise the impact of transport on the environment arising from its own vehicles and those brought on to Wernick sites.
- To minimise any adverse environmental impact of any new Wernick Group development ;
- To maintain the Group’s premises in an environmentally sensitive way ;
- To minimise the adverse environmenta l impact of the decommissioning and disposal of Wernick Group assets;
- To communicate within the Wernick Group and to the outside community the Group’s environmental performance;
- To raise awareness of staff and sub contractors of the Group’s environmental impact, activities and performance and to promote individual good practice.
The main responsibility for the implementation of this policy lies with the Wernick Management teams and the Wernick Group’s Chief Executive.
Whilst the Wernick Group accepts the main responsibility for implementation of this policy, individuals have a very important role in co-operating with those responsible for safeguardi ng the environment. Individuals are required to abide by rules and requirements made under the authority of this policy.
The environmental policy and all relevant EMS documentation will be subject to regular review.