Fire Rated Accommodation
Where temporary site accommodation or storage is positioned close to an existing building it must be of a Fire Rated standard to protect the adjacent premises.
We supply Surefire™ all-steel, Category ‘A’ Fire Rated, anti-vandal site units. Affordable and practical for use as offices, meeting rooms and storage, Surefire™ units provide increased protection in the event of fire.
Whether caused by intention or accident, fire can cause serious disruption to site activities and result in the loss of equipment or materials. At worst, it may spread to neighbouring buildings where personal injury or loss of life may occur.
Independently tested by the Warrington Fire Research Centre
Surefire™ units are designed and manufactured to exceed BS476 requirements and to meet Clause 12.4 of The Joint Code of Practice on the Protection from Fire of Construction Sites and Buildings Undergoing Renovation.
The Warrington Fire Research Centre is an acknowledged authority in testing anti-fire systems and products. In tests a Surefire™ unit was seen to contain fire for 60 minutes, which is double the stated minimum time requirement.
- Roof and wall cavities are insulated with non-combustible glasswool fibre
- Walls: Embossed vinyl wall covering laminated to 12.5mm plasterboard lining and offering Class 0 spread of flame
- Floors: Extra duty seam welded anti-static marbled vinyl sheeting manufactured to Class 1 spread of flame
- Ceilings: Attractively treated with a flecked decorative paint finish to blend with the wall colour and offering Class 0 spread of flame
- External Finish: A zinc rich fibre is applied to all external mid steel surfaces and weld areas. Fully galvanized panels are spray coated with mid-grey semi-gloss fast enamel to BS4800 with trims including skirting, jack-legs and fascia in contrasting dark grey to BS4800. A coating of semi-gloss solar reflective fast enamel is also spray applied to the roof for added protection.
- Jack-legs are fitted
- Electrics: Office units are fitted with fluorescent lights and light switch; 13 amp switched socket outlets; consumer unit and earth leakage circuit breaker
All buildings are also available for purchase.